Top 10 Disney World Vacation Planning Posts
I don’t know about you, but I’m always interesting in what’s popular and trending.
Whenever I go to a new restaurant — and especially if I’m ordering dessert — I’ll ask the server, “What’s your most popular dish?” or “Which dessert is your favorite?”
When I look for a new book to read, I like to look at best seller lists.
Of course, I would never order something that actually sound appealing to me, no matter how popular it is.
And I’ll never forget that book I couldn’t wait to read because thousands of people were raving about it …
And I did NOT like it.
Still, “what’s popular” is at least a good jumping-off point. Best of all, it’s a way to help narrow down your choices when you’re overwhelmed with options.
That’s why I thought you would enjoy having ten of my most popular Disney World posts all in one spot.
Just click on your favorite title below to dive in!
Table of Contents
- 1 65 Disney World Hacks, Tips & Tricks
- 2 Best Shoes for Disney World
- 3 Best Backpacks and Purses for Disney World
- 4 Best Stroller for Disney World
- 5 Disney World Outfits and Summer Dresses
- 6 When to Do When It Rains in Disney World
- 7 How to Beat the Heat at Disney World
- 8 Best Disney World Restaurants for Kids
- 9 Disney World for Toddlers
- 10 Best Quick Service Meals at Disney World
This post went viral on Pinterest, I think partly because people always get excited when they see the word “hacks.”
This is a post that’s easy to skim and get some quick info. It includes information about:
- My very favorite Disney guide book
- How to get a Disney gift card when you check into your resort
- The best places in the parks to enjoy a picnic lunch
- Where to sit to get the view in Pirates the Caribbean
- How to get a wake-up call from Mickey Mouse
Probably the one single thing that can ruin a Disney trip is having the wrong shoes.
Shoes that don’t quite fit, or aren’t broken in, or that stay sopping wet hours after riding Kali River Rapids, or that don’t provide enough support … all this can lead to feet that really hurt before the end of the day.
In this post you’ll find thorough reviews of several different shoes that work well for a Disney trip, from sandals to sneakers to Croc, for men, women, and children.
You’ll learn about how to prevent blisters and how to treat them if you do get them.
Not only is the post itself popular, but it also includes:
After “What shoes should I wear?” one of the biggest questions people ask is, “What do I need to bring?”
This post has two sections:
- Detailed reviews of popular backpacks, sling bags, and purses to bring into the parks
- Important items to pack for a day at the parks
Navigating the stroller situation is no easy task when you have one or more little kids:
- Does your kid even need a stroller at their age?
- Should you rent a stroller or bring your own?
- Should you bring 2 strollers, or one double stroller?
- Are accessories like stroller fans or rain covers necessary?
This post will tell you everything you need to know.
When deciding what to wear to Disney World, there are several things to consider:
- What’s the weather like? Does it ever get cold in the winter?
- What will be comfortable for walking 10 miles in the heat?
- What’s something good to wear if it rains?
- Are there any cute accessories that will “Disney up” my outfit?
- Is it possible to be comfortable and casual, but not look like a dumpy slob in all our photos?
This post answers addresses all those concerns.
It also has photos of me (a pretty average-looking person, as opposed to someone who is thin, young, and gorgeous) wearing some of my favorite Disney outfits — with links to exactly where to buy them for yourself.
This may be one of the most dreaded Disney experiences that is completely beyond your control: What if it rains (or worse, thunders) during your Disney trip? Is the entire trip ruined?
Never fear! Yes, it is a bummer, but there are clothing items that can help and attractions you can still have fun with, if you arrive armed with a little knowledge.
How to Beat the Heat at Disney World
On the flip side, what if it doesn’t rain and you find yourself walking around outside in 90 degree heat for hours?
If that sounds potentially miserable, as well as dangerous, then you’re right.
But it doesn’t have to be.
This post gives you the inside scoop on:
- The places to go cool off in each park
- The different cooling towels and which one is right for you
- Whether misting fans are worth it
- How to dress for the heat
If you’re heading to Disney World, chances are large that a kid will be going with you.
Chances are even larger that that kid will need to eat sometime during the vacation.
This post has reviews and photos of several restaurants that are sure to be fun for kids.
This is the post to read if you’re traveling to Disney World with anybody five years old or younger.
- Which park is best for toddlers, and why
- The best rides for toddlers
- Tips on keeping kids from getting lost in the parks
- What to pack (including a couple nifty things you might not have thought of)
Best Quick Service Meals at Disney World
Fact: People who are planning a Disney World vacation spend more time researching the food and restaurants than they do the rides.
(Actually, I don’t know if this is an actual fact. But it sure does seem like it.)
This is a “round-up” post, where I reached out to other Disney bloggers and let them do the work for me.
They shared not only their favorite quick service restaurant at either the Disney parks or Disney Springs, but also their favorite menu items to order there.
So sit back, grab a snack, and enjoy reading one or more of these popular posts.
And hey, I’d love to see you on my mailing list! Just fill out the form below: