Printable Slumber Party Activities (Mermaid Style!)
If your little girl is planning a slumber party anytime soon, you’ve got to check out this adorable activity.
Each girl gets to pick a pillow and sleeping bag for their sleeping bag, then they all get to pick a mermaid name and work on the activity sheets together.
One of the things I really like about this activity (other than the fact that it’s cute) is that it encourages friendship and social interaction.
Did you ever go to party when you were a kid and feel uncomfortable because most of the guests knew each other, but you went to a different school or something and felt like the “outsider”?
I know I did!
So this is a good way to get all the girls talking and interacting together in a way where no one feels left ouot.
The great part for you is that all you have to do is download and print the templates, and you’re done. No materials to buy and set up, and no mess!
Considering pairing this activity with one or more of these:
- Mermaid Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Printable Mermaid “Color by Letter” Worksheet
- How to Make a DIY Little Mermaid Peg Doll — If you think this would be too difficult for the girls to paint themselves, it would be a perfect craft for you and/or an older sibling to make and give out as party favors.
Slumber Party Kit Instructions
- Print out all 4 sheets. Use card stock for pages 1-2 and regular paper for pages 3-4.
- With the card stock folded in half, cut along the outline of the sleep bag. (Do NOT cut the crease.)
- Next, choose a pillow to go with your sleeping bag. Carefully cut it out.
- Use tape to attach the top edge of the pillow to the top of the sleeping bag image. Make sure the pillow shape can open and close easily.
- Choose and cut out your stuffed animal and tuck it under the pillow. If you like, you can secure it in place with tape of glue.
- Write your name on the pillow in the heart.
- Take the activity sheets and cut them in half along the white dotted lines.
- Cut out the Mermaid Name Tag and attach it to you shirt.
- Have fun completing the activities and sharing them with each other! Use some tape to attach your Mermaid Name Tag to your shirt! Have fun!
Fold the sheet with the sleeping bag in half, lengthwise. The paper edges may not line up perfectly, and that’s okay. Just make sure that the fold doesn’t crease into the sleep bag image.
Don’t Forget to Get the Printable Templates for this Activity